ARMLS® encourages its Subscribers to volunteer for service on one or several ARMLS Committees and Task Forces. Committee and task force appointments are made by the Chair with input and suggestions from the local REALTOR® Associations, whose feedback ARMLS seeks out when filling new or vacant appointments. Subscribers interested in volunteering should make their intention known to their local Association Executive or any member of the Officer's Advisory Committee or Board of Directors.
Officer's Advisory Committee - This committee is composed of one (1) rotating Director chosen alphabetically by last name for each regularly scheduled meeting, the CEO, plus, to the extent they are also serving as Directors, the Chair, Chair-elect, Treasurer and the immediate Past Chair.
Audit Committee - The Treasurer chairs this committee by policy. The Chair and Chair Elect sit on this committee also by policy. The Treasurer may invite others to serve as committee members. The committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Confirmation of auditor’s independence and recommendation to Board for engagement of auditor.
- Annual specification of scope of audit, prior to outside audit, consistent with Board Monitoring Schedule, including approval of any permitted non-audit services to be provided by the independent auditor.
- Assurance that the auditor has unfettered access to organizational management and records.
- Review with the independent auditor of any problems encountered performing the audit, of the audited financial statements, and of any management letter provided by the auditor.
- “Direct Inspection” (internal audit) monitoring of compliance with the Board’s fiscal policies (Financial Condition, Asset Protection, Budget, Compensation and Benefits), as directed/scheduled by the Board per the “Monitoring CEO Performance” policy.
- Recommendations for Board consideration regarding revisions to the Board’s fiscal policies.
RULES and MLS Policy Committee - Committee is charged with periodic review of the rules, regulations and policies that affect the operation of the MLS system and recommendations brought forth for Board and Shareholder consideration for changes to those rules, regulations and policies.
The Chair may appoint a task force and its chairperson for any specific purpose to report back to the Board of Directors within a specified time. The chairperson, with advice from the Chair, shall select the members of the task force. Task forces serve at the pleasure of the Chair and may or may not be reappointed or continued with each annual change of officers.
Listing Contract Task Force - This task force will review our current ER/EA listing agreements and recommend changes and updates. One specific focus will be language required by new VOW rules, along with examining other agreements from across the state, including those of Tucson.
Governance Task Force - This task force is charged with reengineering the structure and ownership of ARMLS.